Friday, 3 May 2013

Friday Food-day: Veggie Fajitas

The majority of the food I eat always seems to consist of peppers, onions and tofu, I guess I could be more of an adventurous vegetarian but whatevs dude. Fajitas are good because they're easy to make, taste nice and look fancy; the winning combination.


Basically just chop up whatever vegetables you have and some tofu, I was going to use a carrot as well but it was mouldy so I didn't. Fry it all up and stir in some fajita mix, you can make your own fajita mix but I used the Old El Paso Original Smoky BBQ one. I did make my own salsa though!


There's probably much better salsa recipes out there but usually I just chop up some tomato, red onion and green chilli, drizzle over some olive oil or chilli oil and mix it all up.


When it comes to plating it all up just heat a wrap in the microwave for about 20 seconds, put in some kind of leaf if you feel like it (I used rocket), add the vegetable tofu mixture then put the salsa on top. You can also add mayonaise, sour cream, guacomole, refried beans, whatever you're feeling. Then wrap it all up and attempt to eat it without getting it all over your hands, face, lap, floor, walls, ceiling....

No comments:

Post a Comment