Monday, 20 May 2013

Music Monday: Instrumental Music

I have the concentration span of a goldfish, my mind buzzes around like crazy the majority of the time, but I don't think this is rare and I know that a lot of people feel the same. Whenever I have to do something that involves concentration and focus I have to try extremely hard to not get distracted. One of my biggest distractions is music, particularly if it's a song I love I'm always really conscious of the lyrics and sing along to them in my head, or sometimes sing along to them not in my head if there's no one around... This is probably the reason why my memory when it comes to important things is horrendous but I know every lyric to pretty much every song I've ever listened to. If I'm doing something that requires concentration and I need to remove that distraction, instrumental music is pretty handy. While I was doing my FMP for my art foundation I listened to Gonzales' solo piano album pretty much on repeat for 2 months. Each song is so varied and different from the one before so it was good to fit the crazy mood changes of a big project.


It's actually really hard to pick my favourites from this album as I kind of love them all for different reasons, but if I have to pick a couple I'll go with 'Overnight' and 'Dot'.

I also want to add a couple of extra songs, so if you're looking for something epic this is a good'un:



If you're looking for something nice:


And if you're looking for something extremely calming:



And if none of these work you can always go for a bit of Beethoven Symphony No.5... now go forth and concentrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment