Wednesday, 22 May 2013

We can do it! Wednesday: Youtube Yoga

'YOGA IS GREAT, YOU SHOULD DO YOGA' is what I feel like screaming at everyone I know, and some people I don't know. It's like when you see a film and you fall in love with it and want everyone else in the world to watch it so they can love it too and you can all talk about it and maybe make a fan club.... yeah it's like that. But serious, yoga improves pretty much everything: your mood, your posture, your digestion, your aches and pains, your energy levels, it's stretchy magic. I don't really like going to yoga classes so I generally do my yoga at home, in my bedroom, on youtube, on my trusty little purple mat. I thought I'd share some of my faves so you can do them too! Split into morning, daytime and bedtime classes...

Morning:

I like to do short videos (which Ekhart Yoga are best at) in the morning because I'm normally hungry and sleepy and probably grumpy (STOP NAMING DWARVES), I try to yoga a bit every morning but usually it's a few sun salutations and an attempt at meditation, but if I feel like turning on my laptop this is this one I almost always do...



And sometimes I do this one because it's fun...



Daytime:

If I'm having a day where I'm not doing very much and I'm feeling unproductive I like to go for the long classes, which Yogayak are very good for... This one's for sadness relief and I'm pretty sure it at least mildly does what it says on the tin...



If you fancy a challenge this one's pretty good...



And this one is my fave and the one I do most often...


Bedtime:

If you feel like a longer class before sleep this one's really good and will leave you feeling very relaxed...



Or if you feel like a shorter class this one's pretty good but it does move a bit too fast for me, I'm on the hunt for a better short bedtime one, Tara Stiles' channel is very good though for yoga/food/knitting/advice etc.


I hope that was helpful and not too rambly (this is what happens when you try to write an informative blog after a couple of glasses of wine) if you're like 'nah yoga's lame' or 'leave me alone I don't feel like it', I wrote a post on Meghan Currie the other week who will almost definitely make you want to give it a go... Namaste bitches...

No comments:

Post a Comment