Monday, 3 June 2013

Music Monday: Chime For Change Concert

On Saturday night myself and 3 of my favourite people went to the Sound of Change / Chime for Change concert at Twickenham Stadium, and I don't want to to make you feel bad if you weren't there buuuut... OH MY GOD YOU MISSED OUT IT WAS AMAZING (it's cool though just watch it on iplayer). The line-up was pretty spectacular: Jesse J, Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, Haim, John Legend, Timbaland, Florence and the Machine, Jennifer Lopez feat. Mary J Blige, Ellie Goulding and Beyonce feat. Jay Z, and that was just the performances! Also there to talk about issues and introduce videos were James Franco, Madonna, Ryan Reynolds, Freida Pinto, Jada Pinkett Smith, Blake Lively (who I missed while waiting in the cash point queue sigh) and loads more. Cor, talk about value for money! The whole point of the evening was to raise money and awareness for lots of different causes that effect women around the world. The pretty wonderful thing about being a ticket holder is that Gucci have already paid for the whole thing, so now it's over we get to choose which charity the money we paid for our ticket goes to. I'm gonna have to consult with my friends and see what they want to do but I'd like to give at least some of our ticket money to the @everydaysexism project (which I've spoken about before here). Laura Bates made a wonderful and intense video which was played at the concert, I don't think it's online yet but look out for it.

As far as the line-up goes, obviously the highlight was Beyonce, it was pretty incredible to see however many thousands of people shaking their hands to Single Ladies, fist pumping to Survivor and pointing to the left in Irreplaceable, all at the same time. I'm not sure how legal this video is but it makes me want to be back there shouting 'GUUURLZ!'


Florence was also wonderful obviously because she's Florence. I missed her first song while waiting in the cash point queue which I ran out of and straight back to my seat as soon as I heard 'You've Got the Love', I guess it wasn't the end of the world as this was my 3rd time seeing her... but still it's Florence! I'm not sure why they put her on so early though, it would of made more sense to me to replace the Ellie Goulding between J Lo and Beyonce with some Machine... but whatevs she was still amazing, as was her dress. (Just as a side note, look at how amazing her house is!!)

(photo credit zimbio.com)

Jennifer Lopez was also incredible, I wasn't expecting much but when she did a mash up of all of her most famous songs (including Jenny from the Block thank god!), and then when Mary J Blige came on it all got a bit too exciting.

Some of the more average acts include Iggy Azalea because she's a bit scary, Timbaland because he doesn't sing he just walks around and grunts, and Ellie Goulding because she should have been Florence...

Anyway here is a photo of my friends and I refusing to go home!


And in case you haven't seen it yet floating around the internet, the cutest thing to ever happen in all of ever...

(unsure of original photo credit, found on a Beyonce fan page!)

EEEEEEEEE sigh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment